View Single Post
Old March 30 2013, 01:18 AM   #8
Chris PikE
Ensign

Re: My TOS Enterprise Build

Albertese wrote: View Post
The model is fantastic! But, I must comment on the composting... whatever method you are using to isolate the ship from the background is sloppy. The edges are too soft. I don't know what software you are using but if there's some way to use a selection tool of some sort to make the edges sharper before cutting out the ship, that would make all the difference. Looks like you are taking a soft edge brush and are just painting out the background by hand.

But that's the only problem I can see. Elsewise, this looks wonderful!

--Alex
Thanks for the suggestion Alex! I tried to replicate the look of the Miniature in the episodes, so that is why the Composite appears sloppy. I didn't want an exact sharp cut. I wanted the stills to look like scenes from the original series and not the current crop of all too perfect compositions

Here is another composite I did of my old MPC Millennium Falcon...I totally rebuilt the cockpit and cockpit access tube from scratch as well as a ton of other mods I made...but this composite was done to...again, look like a scene from the original Star Wars.

Thanks again for the advice.
Chris PikE is offline   Reply With Quote