View Single Post
Old March 29 2013, 09:48 PM   #99
Pavonis
Commodore

Re: When did voyager go wrong?

Anwar wrote: View Post
Voyager stops the Krenim Timeship, which could've threatened the fabric of time and space, and everyone complains about how they shouldn't have been able to do it.
I've never heard any complaints like that. The only complaint I have about the "Year of Hell" two-parter was that the entire series should've been similar to those episodes.

VOY destroys a freaking PROBE SHIP in "Dark Frontier" and gets nothing but complains over how they shouldn't have been able to do that.
Never heard that complaint either.

Voyager runs into the Borg/8472 war and gets nothing but complaints over how an alien species that can fight the Borg shouldn't exist, and that VOY shouldn't have played any major role in this war.
Again, I've not heard those complaints, but I think the episodes proved that Voyager would've been better off avoiding both parties and not siding with either.

Hardly anyone stands up for VOY or points out the unfair double standards, though.

Hell, other shows like Farscape did similar things (Crichton being able to stop a massive galactic war between the Peacekeepers and Scarrans and brings both empire to their knees) and no one complains there either.
Basically, I don't think the complaints you've heard are because of the plots used, but the execution of those plots. Sometimes VOY didn't do the same plots as well as other shows did.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote