View Single Post
Old March 29 2013, 07:16 PM   #65
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: New Star Trek Into Darkness Teaser!

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Yeah, Star trek had flaws, the whole franchise had stupid stuff. The difference is, JJ's stuff has nothing. Its completely void of anything but boobs, quips and special effects. Its Transformers with a Star Trek skin. There wasn't a second of ST2009 that actually had anything approaching a real character or decent story. As a Trekkie, I don't want a mindless action flick. I want a sci fi movie that has more of a purpose then just to get the 13 year olds to buy tickets, which is JJ's bread and butter with these movies. In 10-20 years, people will still remember and like Wrath of Khan. JJ's Trek will just be another generic action movie series that appealed to the teens who think Transformers is awesome.
I found Spock's life story, told as an obvious "coming out" allegory, quite touching. I don't recall Transformers or any other blockbuster action movie I've seen having an emotional punch like Star Trek did.

Last edited by King Daniel Into Darkness; March 29 2013 at 07:28 PM.
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote