View Single Post
Old March 29 2013, 04:25 PM   #8
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: What the Internet looked like in 1995

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Netscape never fell that far behind. It's only real issues had to do with compatibility/page formatting which really weren't Netscape's fault. And even in the years leading up to Mozilla (like version 5 and 6), Netscape did offer browsing features (that we now take for granted) that would take IE years to provide.

Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post
and hit up AOL chatrooms...
A/S/L?
I liked Netscape up until the Communicator series--4.x, I think. 4.5 was the worst version of it. It would crash on standards compliant pages if they used things like CSS positioning. Absolutely absurd. Number one, a browser should never crash due to HTML/JS code on the page, and it's entirely unforgivable for it to do so on a page actually adhering to standards.

I abandoned it and never looked back. I went to Firefox for a few years, later on, but then switched to Chrome and that's where I've been for some time now.