View Single Post
Old March 28 2013, 08:16 PM   #33
Flux Capacitor
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Flux Capacitor
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

So the general idea I'm geting from the feedback is...it's okay to post these videos as long as they're A. funny or B. someone is doing something illegal? Otherwise it's just petty and mean? I can understand that, but just about every one of those videos (with the exception of the chick who couldn't close up ranks and let me in the turn lane) featured someone doing something illegal. In the Honda Fit video and the Star Trek music clip...each f those cars was either getting on or already traveling on the freeway at 40 MPH or below. I'm pretty sure driving that slow on the freeway is considered illegal as it impedes the flow of traffic.

I usually try to only post clips where people are doing something dangerous, illegal or just plain assholish and not just someone making a simple mistake. It isn't done vindictively or to shame the person...like I said, it's for entertainment. I started posting these on Facebook and the were a big hit with friends and family. I guess for general consumption I'll have to kick it up a notch and be more choosy over what I post as far as the severity of the incident goes.

Also, I've never understood why people worry about their license plate being seen in video or pictures. It's right there for everyone and anyone to see on the road, but when it's posted online all of a sudden it's some secret code that must be hidden. I don't get it.