View Single Post
Old March 28 2013, 02:20 PM   #79
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: The Life And Scandalous Times Of John Nathan-Turner

diankra wrote: View Post
For those who can access th site, biography author Richard Marson was interviewed on today's edition of Radio 4's Media Show. Available as podcast or stream at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00dv9hq
Not had a chacne to listen to it myself yet...
It was an interesting interview. (I haven't yet downloaded the latest Radio Free Skaro, which also interviews Marson.)

Marson points out that the book was sent to a single outlet -- specifically The Guardian -- and every other outlet is riffing on the few things that the Guardian wrote about in their review. (However, the SFX review was out before the Guardian's review, so I'm puzzled on that score.)

Marson comes across as a bit naive. He argues that his book is a balanced look at JNT's life and that it's unfair that people are focused solely on the salacious chapter of a book they haven't even read. However, I'm not sure why he would expect otherwise. For good or ill, people like dirt.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote