View Single Post
Old March 28 2013, 10:55 AM   #30
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Re: Do You Believe the Official Chronology?

Timewalker wrote: View Post
Anybody attempting an updated Chronology book would find it difficult to reconcile both versions of Star Trek in the same book as THE definitive chronology.
Not at all. At the end of the Prime-chonology Romulus is destroyed by a supernova, and Nero and Spock fall into the black hole.
Next chapter: Alternate Reality. Beginning 2233 and documenting events from the new movies and notable divergences from the old timeline.

Fan sites like Memory Alpha have shown that an encyclopedia could incorporate both without trouble, merely noting which entries are unique to the new version of history.
I forced myself to watch this piece of garbage that calls itself "Star Trek" and was not the slightest bit impressed. If Abrams wanted to make an outer space movie, why didn't he create something original instead of ripping off something that didn't need "re-imagining"?
I've wanted to see a new take on the original Star Trek since 1989. I loved how it turned out and can't wait for the next one. And I still love The Original Series as much as ever. Each to their own.
(damn, Leonard Nimoy really is a trooper for appearing in this movie - or else he needed the money...).
EliyahuQeoni has a quote from Leonard Nimoy in his sig, which sums up the difference between your mindset and his:

Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'