View Single Post
Old March 28 2013, 05:29 AM   #24
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Re: Do You Believe the Official Chronology?

King Daniel wrote: View Post
Timewalker wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Because none of it is any more or less real than the other and its part of Star Trek. Star Trek isn't a timeline or universe, its a collection of films and TV shows.

Oh, please. It's IMPOSSIBLE to reconcile nuTrek and Original Trek chronology-wise.
Not seeing the problem, myself. And I know both versions of Trek backwards.

But then, I don't have pathological anti-Abrams hatred blinding me.
It's not pathological. It's based on a well-founded opinion that his version of Star Trek is utter crap.

Timewalker wrote: View Post
Because none of it is any more or less real than the other and its part of Star Trek. Star Trek isn't a timeline or universe, its a collection of films and TV shows.

Oh, please. It's IMPOSSIBLE to reconcile nuTrek and Original Trek chronology-wise.
Its called a branching timeline. The split happens in 2233 at the birth of James T. Kirk. Pretty sure that was covered in the film it's self. You'd think a guy named "Timewalker" could wrap his brain around that. You don't need to "reconcile" them, because they are parallel. A Chronology would reference both timelines, because both are Star Trek.
Anybody attempting an updated Chronology book would find it difficult to reconcile both versions of Star Trek in the same book as THE definitive chronology.

And... you'd think that anybody who takes the trouble to bash me over my anti-Abrams opinions could bother to be observant enough to notice that I'M NOT A GUY. Think you can wrap your brain around that?

I forced myself to watch this piece of garbage that calls itself "Star Trek" and was not the slightest bit impressed. If Abrams wanted to make an outer space movie, why didn't he create something original instead of ripping off something that didn't need "re-imagining"?

As for my username, I'm also a Whovian, a fan of the old Voyagers! series, and I'm very fond of alternate history and time travel novels in general. But that doesn't mean I have to automatically like some lazily-imagined ripoff of Star Trek (damn, Leonard Nimoy really is a trooper for appearing in this movie - or else he needed the money...).

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote