View Single Post
Old March 28 2013, 01:58 AM   #19
Anduril
Captain

Re: ST VI:TUC Out of character for McCoy?

DalekJim wrote: View Post
King Daniel wrote: View Post
-Spock graphically mind rapes Valaris in the middle of the bridge, and everyone just watches.
I thought that was a very powerful scene, from one of the absolute best Star Trek films.

In the commentary track of Larry Nemecek and Ira Steven Behr I have with my DVD pack of all six original films, It was Behr I think that mentioned that the way Leonard Nimoy used his hands on Kim Cattrall's face really pulled off the invasive aspect of it.

Reminds me of Spinal Tap, "You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me!"

Lance wrote: View Post
Agreed. Everybody is out of character in TUC.
I'd say they're more out of character in The Voyage Home. Scotty is mentally ill and Kirk is some type of gameshow host.

I love the TOS movies (All of 'em!) but the crew are out of character a lot of the time. Only II and III really get their personalities dead on.
Three is a really underrated film, in my opinion of course. I have no problem with The Final Frontier either mainly because of the humor. However The Search for Spock" had more genuine humor without having to resort to Scotty banging his head on a pipe. "How many fingers am I holding up?" is one of my favorite lines in any of the moviesl