View Single Post
Old March 27 2013, 10:48 PM   #47
Danger Ace
Commander

Re: Why does Enterprise get so much flak?

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Pretty much, yeah. The Trek folks also wanted to do a show considerably different than the one that UPN and Paramount wanted.
Pretty much, no. That is all CYA excuse making. Don't demean yourself by being an apologist. Berman & Braga, being the top-dogs on "Enterprise" were responsible for its production and therefore the buck stops with them.

I say you are being an apologist because your arguement is not that "Enterprise" was a great and "top-notch" production worthy only of high praise, but rather admitting it was heavily flawed but just not their fault. It was Paramounts fault. It was UPN's fault. It was raining. It was a Wednesday. It was blah, blah, blah .... IT WAS THEIR RESPONSIBILTY. ITS FAILURE WAS THEIR FAILURE. Simple as that.

Enterprise was more entertaining than Trek had managed since around 1995 ...
For you, perhaps, but I would contend that relatively few others would agree. More folks watched DS9 and Voyager than "Enterprise" by a significant margin. I would even go so far as to say many here only pay lip service to holding Ent in high regard and are more interested in appearing counter-culture. My opinion.