View Single Post
Old March 27 2013, 08:21 PM   #27
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: The ENT and Melakon

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
Hoshi developes quite nicely as the series goes on.
Do you really think so? I think she traded her insecurities for... not much of anything.
I do. She went from a scared young girl to one willing to give her life in order to save her people. She also was instrumental in stalling and eventually stopping the Reptilians plan to destroy Earth.

Along the way she proves herself to be adept at martial arts, she helps develope the universal translator. And even though it was an alternate universe, we all know what she did in the Mirror episodes.

On top of all that, Linda Park turned out to be possibly the third best actor in the cast behind John Billingley and Conner Trinneer.

BillJ wrote: View Post
The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
Hoshi developes quite nicely as the series goes on.
Do you really think so? I think she traded her insecurities for... not much of anything.
Agreed. They could've replaced her, Reed and Mayweather with cardboard cutouts and I doubt we'd have noticed much of a difference.
They simply didn't write all that much for her, but what she did get, she worked. And I'm not one of the Hoshi/Linda-philes (but I am a T'Pol/Jolene-phile). Park was the only actor on the show whose character had great friendship, (or) romantic, and collegial chemistry with all of the other characters.

Disagree about Reed also. He really distinguished himself in several episodes especially the the Mirror episods. Now Mayweather, played by an actor hired strictly because of his looks, IMO, could easily have been replaced.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote