View Single Post
Old March 27 2013, 02:52 PM   #40
Rear Admiral
View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago
Re: So why exactly is AVP1 so bad?

Tiberius wrote: View Post
DonIago wrote: View Post
With all due respect Tiberius, you asked why people take issue with the movie. Replying to their grievances by dismissing them doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. We're talking about opinions here, and you're getting them.

Now if you're asking why it might bother people here but not in other cases, that's a different matter, but that's not how you came across IMO.
Sorry if my posts came across the wrong way.

I hear what you're saying, but I think that the vast majority of criticisms being leveled against AVP1 are too harsh, and I'm just saying why. That's all.
Fair enough. Thank you for clarifying your position.

I find Event Horizon entertaining as a guilty pleasure flick, and it's quite a shock to see Sam Neill in that movie after he played the friendly paleontologist in Jurassic Park, but you won't find me calling it great cinema. I have to wonder why on Earth humans would design a spaceship that looked like that, though I still want the engine core as a desk model. The commentary's an interesting listen if you're inclined toward such things. I haven't checked out most of the other features on the DVD because, frankly, I'm not really keen on gore and I'm not sure how much I'd be grossed out.
It was the best of Trek, it was the worst of Trek...
"If I lean over, I leave myself open to wedgies, wet willies, or even the dreaded Rear Admiral!"
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote