View Single Post
Old March 27 2013, 02:38 PM   #867
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
flavaflav wrote: View Post
Reverend: I hear where you're coming from. However, we're talking completely different evolutionary processes. i look at the Vorlons and future humans as evolving not on a physical level, but on a mental one. Once that occurs, the species is completely aware and able to transcend there physical bodies to become pure energy. When Ulkesh and Kosh duke it out, the bodies are not physical in the normal sense. Their "bodies" are energy. If I remember correctly, the ppgs and electric current were used against the encounter suit, not Ulkesh's "body". Once Ulkesh let loose, it was Kosh and that little bit of Lorien who did the deed.
I think that is where telepathy and certain genes are important in the evolution to the energy being state in the B5 universe. The Narns lost it, and the Centauri killed off the Xon, they lost huge chunks of their genetic heritage leaving them dying species as Kosh told Sinclair in S1. That is they are not on a path to that state any longer. The implication is more or less explicit in the S1 episode with Jason Ironheart.
And Ironheart even knew how long it would take ("See You in a Million Years")

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote