View Single Post
Old March 26 2013, 04:46 PM   #20
Bob The Skutter
Complete Arse Cleft

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Next Microsoft OS "Windows Blue" leaked online

Pingfah wrote: View Post
That is a terrible name. That just makes me think of blue screen of death. A whole operating system based around the BSOD.
Probably part of the naming scheme that brought us Windows Azure.

This is interesting, looks like it's an update for Windows 8 rather than a new OS. I've had a bit of experience with Windows 8 recently, setting up a laptop for a cousin and then a new PC for my parents, and I have to say I can see it working for my parents, I can see it working on a tablet for myself, but I can't see it being anything I want to run on a desktop or laptop.
So much so, in fact, that I need a new laptop myself and in my head Windows 8 isn't even an option. I'm either try and grab a windows 7 while still available or get a Windows 8 one and install Ubuntu or Mint on there.
The other option is a Chromebook, which hadn't really been something I'd considered until MS decided Windows 8 was the future.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
Bob The Skutter is offline   Reply With Quote