Old March 26 2013, 02:22 PM   #36
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Who were the choices for "actually it's one of them"

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
CaptainDave1701 wrote: View Post
He was one of our best agents = Gary7
Gary Seven doesn't work for Starfleet, seeing as how he lived in the 1960s.
Presumably Gary Seven was from the future, since he had intimate details of when the Vulcans integrated with Humans, etc... In fact, one could conjecture that he was part of the same organization as the "temporal police" (or whatever they were called -- I didn't watch Enterprise).
That really doesnt't make sense, someone from the future serving as the watchdog that prevents nuclear war. If that requires someone from the future, than that implies nuclear war is what's supposed to happen, and time travel laws should forbid Gary Seven's presence.

And before we start spinning this in "well maybe he was a rogue agent serving his own agenda against his superiors" let's just stop and look at the intent. Gary Seven was originally intended to be a human specially trained by aliens on a distant world to help humanity though a rough part in their development. Indeed, given Assignemnt Earth was originally pitched as a seperate series completely unconnected to Star Trek, I doubt anyone had time travel in mind at all.

Besides he didn't have any kind of "intimate details" about when humans met Vulcans, he just noticed that this mostly human starship crew had a Vulcan among them and assumed they had to be from the future.