View Single Post
Old March 26 2013, 07:16 AM   #47
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader

Re: Why my friend doesn't like DS9: Sisko.

Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
indolover wrote: View Post
Tosk wrote: View Post
Isn't that what I did?

Well either that nor narcissistically project your biases onto others.
What Tosk said is common-sense.
You calling it narcissistic merely shows your own biases you project onto others.

As for Picard - the borg crushed Picard's "iron" will with little more than an afterthought and used his knowledge and skills to bitch-slap the federation.
Deal with it.
And, yes, that was partly Picard's fault, too. Capturing the enemy captain is quite a feat for the capturer - far harder than merely destroying the enemy ship; it highlights either the incompetence of the captured or his naivete.
It actually showed how much more powerful the Borg are than the Federation. Picard's orders were to investigate and keep the Borg busy while a fleet was being prepared to properly fight the Borg. Picard went in knowing it could well be a suicide mission or at best, a game of hide and seek, to keep the Borg occupied.
Imogene, get serious! Who do you think you're talking to?! I've known you for 27 years, and all I can say is, if God was giving out sexually transmitted diseases to people as a punishment for sinning, then you would be at the free clinic all the time! And so would the rest of us!
--Julia Sugarbaker
Vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote