View Single Post
Old March 26 2013, 05:59 AM   #13
J. Allen
Dancing on Rainbows

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Next Microsoft OS "Windows Blue" leaked online

TorontoTrekker wrote: View Post
Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
I feel like I should buy a new laptop while I can still get Windows 7
Good luck. I bought a new laptop at Best Buy in November, and it came with Windows 8.

Unless you're talking about removing Win8 and installing Win7 in its place... in which case, have at it.
Yep. Good luck, though. Without Windows 8 Pro, you won't have downgrade rights, which means you'll be on your own. That and a lot of laptop manufacturers are making deals with Windows on 8, where the hardware is certified for 8 but not for 7, as they look down on downgrading, so no one is guaranteeing it won't create a giant clusterfuck when you try.

I've done a couple of downgrades, and they're not too difficult, but they can be a pain in the ass if the drivers refuse to work on Windows 7. Then you have to go searching for compatible drivers, which can be time consuming. Still, it's better than Windows 8. I've set up a few new laptops running Windows 8, and I'd rather gnaw my own arm off than deal with that again.
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." - Mark Twain
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote