Thread: Exeter Patch
View Single Post
Old March 25 2013, 09:42 PM   #23
feek61
Captain

Re: Exeter Patch

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
feek61 wrote: View Post
Not really, just another division is assigned to patrol the area that the "Enterprise" was assigned to last year. Similar to the rotation of navel deployments. One year a carrier say "Nimitz" is sent to the Persian Gulf and next year the "Stennis" is sent to the same area. I don't see that the "Constellation" is patrolling an area that the "Enterprise" previously had patrolled as an issue.
My point was that the Enterprise apparently patrols the same area as it did a year earlier (which could suggest certain sectors are assigned to certain starships).

Similar story in "The Immunity Syndrome". Of all those unseen insignias I was pretty sure that the Intrepid insignia would be an IDIC symbol. With the sector / fleet insignia concept it would probably just be another delta and we'd forfeit the IDIC insignia.

feek61 wrote: View Post
The thing more disturbing to me is in "The Omega Glory" when Kirk says that the "Exeter" had been patrolling in that area 6 months ago; he hadn't heard of any trouble. Really? No contact with Starfleet for six months and nobody was worried or sent a ship to investigate its disappearance?
Indeed, somebody at Starfleet should have worried ("one of our 12 starships is missing!"). But I found most of the script for this particular episode disturbing.

Bob
Well, the "Enterprise" was responding to a distress signal from the "Constellation." I agree with you about the "Omega" script, lol