View Single Post
Old March 25 2013, 07:06 PM   #1777
Scout101
Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

ThunderAeroI wrote: View Post
I'm curious about the trope though. Is anyone an officer of the law or something like that profession that can provide an answer.

Why is it that when two officers are partners and one is not married and one is, the married one will die and the partner will marry their widow? Does this happen often in real life?
I can't speak to 'real life' examples, but I can understand the trope easily enough: Presumably partners and their families are close. At the very least, the surviving partner and the spouse will both be grieving the same person, and it's not a stretch to see them reaching out to each other for support. Since you've got a single man and woman in the same place emotionally, and both looking to fill a void, you can see where this might happen. Especially if you add in an apocolypse and delete the rest of the world/society that could potentially judge them...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote