View Single Post
Old March 25 2013, 11:40 AM   #9
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: TNG Caption This! 309: The Return of Blu-Ray

Data: Sir, I have accessed this Iconian data center and, might I say, what I have found is...shocking.

Picard: Captain's Personal Log, supplemental. Dr. Pulaski has found a cure for the crew's insomnia. Personally, I take some warm milk, curl up with a good book, and before I know it, I'm fast asleep. I guess it's always come easy for me, even as a little boy. Robert would snore quite dreadfully, leaving me two choices: find a way to fall asleep quickly, or stay awake all night. Well, I wasn't about to let Robert get the best of me, I can assure you of that. Anyway, I should wrap this up, for some reason Dr. Pulaski has sent Counselor Troi to my ready room to hear me record my log entry. She said it had something to do with the insomnia problem, but, frankly, I just kept daydreaming about Beverly. I wonder what it'd take to get her to come back. Of course, if Wesley were my son, and that wasn't just a joke Riker tries to spread every once in a while, which, just irritates me, but every time I let on how much it annoys me, he just seems to get more pleasure out of it. Anyway, as I was saying, I should get back to the Counselor, who...MERDE! Another crew member Dr. Pulaski sent to me has fallen fast asleep!

Salia: So, what do you say, Wesley? You, me, my quarters, some soft music, me showing you the night of your life. Are you ready to get...

Guinan: Ice Cream! You can't leave, yet! You haven't had your ice cream! You know...to cool you down...

Wesley: Damn it, Guinan, your timing couldn't have been worse.

Guinan: I know...ah the things I do around here to entertain myself!

Texas: On second thought, let me have that hat back, you're looking a little Brokeback Mountain, if you know what I mean...

Data: Accessing...ah, a 2005 movie based on the 1997 short story of the same name by Annie Proulx about the complex romantic and sexual relationship between two men in the American West from 1963 to 1983.

Riker: So they created this place from this book, Hotel Royale? That's just ridiculous.

Data: It could have been worse, Commander, they could have chosen Brokeback Mountain...

Riker: So, they created this place based on a book. How unoriginal can you get?

Worf: Yes, a trio of Starfleet Officers beam down to a planet influenced by a novel set on 20th Century Earth. America, to be exact. It is very unoriginal, Commander.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited by shivkala; March 26 2013 at 03:36 AM.
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote