View Single Post
Old March 25 2013, 02:56 AM   #2
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

Re: Brannon Braga on a possible Season 5 through Netflix + More...

I'd LOVE for that to be true, about the power of Netflix being able to resurrect ENTERPRISE. Even for a two-hour reunion episode. That would make up for "These are the Voyages" and could focus on wrapping up the 22nd Century, without compromising screentime for any holodeck nonsense or irrelevant dilemma faced by two TNG guest-stars. Blimey when I think about more exciting last mission possibilities that could've secured the NX-01 crew a place in history, the show's creators went with the one least likely to have been taught to a class full of future generations.

The best way to have capped this series, would've been to show an elderly Admiral Archer at the launch ceremony for TOS U.S.S. Enterprise, (or visiting the ship under construction) and looking back at past events years apart. Condense the landmark stuff down to scenes told in flashback, like his crew's involvement in the Romulan War and Birth of the Federation. Throw in a few surprises, like a deathbed confession he lied and cheated in someway. Kept some details out of official records, so the alliance at the heart of all the other Star Trek series, could flourish.

I don't think TPTB pay much attention to Netflix (or indeed any) numbers outside the USA.

Last edited by ChristopherPike; March 25 2013 at 03:30 AM.
ChristopherPike is offline   Reply With Quote