View Single Post
Old March 24 2013, 02:54 PM   #218
Christopher
Writer

Re: The Impossible Girl: Who IS Clara Oswin Oswald?!?

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
I take it you didn't follow my link. I didn't quote the next line, which explained that they don't know what will happen because it hasn't been written yet.
That's what I call "not being hands-on". The BBC could have a completely different attitude about it, this being a very expensive and popular show, and ask the showrunner to give them a detailed preview of what to expect in the next couple of months. They choose not to, but they could.
Again, you missed the key part of what I said. The showrunner himself might not know yet either. The decision might not have been made yet at all, by anyone. Like I said, creators don't have everything planned out years in advance. A lot of the time, if they don't have an answer about what's happening in the future, it's not because they're being cagey or deceptive but just because they haven't figured it out yet, because they're too busy dealing with their current workload to have figured out what's happening nine months from now.

Honestly, I don't understand why you hear "We don't know yet" and instantly assume it's untrue. Why is it so hard to believe that the parties involved just haven't reached a firm decision yet? Have you always known exactly what career or relationship choices you were going to make nine months or a year in the future? Haven't you ever been in a position where there were various possibilities you had to consider and were weighing your options before choosing which path to take, or were so busy dealing with more immediate concerns that you had to leave that future decision up in the air?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote