View Single Post
Old March 24 2013, 09:10 AM   #187
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: What sunk the TNG movie franchise: Insurrection or Nemesis?

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
Nemesis was the first Trek movie I had ever seen in theaters (I have been a Trek fan since the early 80s but one reason or another kept me from ever seeing them in theaters).

In theaters, it was enjoyable, all of the questions I had were pushed to the background so I could just enjoy the moment. I don't know if that would have worked had I seen Insurrection in theaters prior to that outing.

When my friends and I went and saw Nemesis opening night, there were, maybe, 5 other people in the theater with us. The movie complex itself was packed, but our theater was all quiet and nearly empty. Based on that (entirely anecdotal I know), I'd say Insurrection mortally wounded it, and Nemesis made the killing blow.

Now, that doesn't mean I hate those movies, but they did seem to contribute somewhat to the end of the TNG franchise's popularity in movies.
So, after the first movie you went to see they killed the franchise. I blame you.
Yeah, it was probably me. I'm a horrible person who thrives on misery.
3) I never know when to quit.
4)
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote