View Single Post
Old March 24 2013, 05:51 AM   #194
donners22
Commodore

Re: DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post
Hello all~!

I've been on this forum for a few weeks already, but only recently started watching DS9 today. I am mainly a Voyager fan, but since I have Netflix and I love trek, I figure I'll watch all of the series and movies I have not seen yet. I've seen nearly all episodes of TNG and all of Voyager (watched all 7 seasons and I rewatch my favorite episodes when I feel like it.). I know I am watching the series out of sequence (watched TNG and skipped to Voyager haha), but I know enough about Trek that I think it's ok.

So far I am only on Season 1. Just finished watching the first episode. It's good so far! I am enjoying it.

The only thing I am worried about is that I am so used to Voyager which has a lot of humor, moreso than other series. Just wondering if I can expect at least some humor?

Also what do you think is the best season?
I only watch TV in-order, so I will go from seasons 1-7 straight through and I won't be skipping any. I am just wondering what your faves are.

Thanks~~!
Glad to hear you are getting into it.

I really like Voyager as well, though DS9 is my favourite. Voyager's humour was fantastic, and some of the best episodes were very funny.

Some of DS9's humour tends to be on the wacky side (often focused on the Ferengi) and the lighter episodes don't work quite so well as Voyager (In the Cards and The Magnificent Ferengi are great, but others are more miss than hit), but I think the best moments come in the interactions between characters - Quark and Odo, Bashir and O'Brien and Dax and...pretty much anyone.

I think the sixth season is my favourite. It opens with an epic arc, with four of the first six episodes among the series' best. There's war, romance, comedy, drama and each is executed brilliantly.

The Magnificient Ferengi, Statistical Probabilities, Call to Arms, Rocks and Shoals, A Time to Stand, Favour the Bold, Sacrifice of Angels, Honour Among Thieves, Far Beyond the Stars, In the Pale Moonlight - geez, that's an incredible season.
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.

http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager
donners22 is offline   Reply With Quote