View Single Post
Old March 24 2013, 01:52 AM   #155
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Stargate SG-1 - First time viewing of whole series

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Apophis shows up in a holographic projection all cloaked and pronounces the DOOM that is coming. I wonder why he was cloaked? Could they not get the actor?
Simply put, that's not Apophis, it's Anubis, who was introduced in the season 5 premiere. The deal with the cloak will be explained later on in the season.

Jonas being an expert on all of Daniel's notes being unrelaistic is frequently lampshaded throughout the season, so I don't mind it too much.

Shanks indeed wanted to leave the show to try and get a movie career going and had even auditioned for Shinzon in Star Trek Nemesis.

Redemption two parter is pretty good, at times almost movie-like. The stuff with Teal'c mourning his wife and reuniting with his son is some of the best character stuff done in the series.

Actor spotting: the Jaffa who interrogated Teal'c after he's captured is Aaron Douglas, Chief Tyrol on BSG.