View Single Post
Old March 24 2013, 01:28 AM   #2203
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I've said this before, but I really don't like anything Bendis has done with All New X-Men or Uncanny X-Men which I dropped after the last issue. I'm glad others are enjoying them, but what he's done with them and his inability to write the characters... just lost me. I guess it's the same thing you have with Wolverine and the X-Men? I recall we had a disagreement about that book. I loved it and you didn't like it? I feel the same way on both Bendis titles. Kieron Gillen did far superior work with that team than Bendis is doing. I kind of wish he'd remain aboard.
Yeah, WatXM just never did it for me and I agree about Gillen. If not Uncanny, then give him one of the other myriad X-books. Instead, they give him Iron Man, which has been my "meh" book, and am dropping after next issue (just because I hate dropping any book mid-arc).

Also agreed with you on Daredevil and Indestructible Hulk. I feel a crossover inthe works, as they are both written by Mark Waid and it seems to me that seeds have already been planted

I decided early on back in the day that I didn't care for the flavor of Image flavored Kool-Aid, so I had to Google this "Angela". I have to wonder on a story level how this will work. Will they reference, however vaguely or obliquely, her past history? Apparently, she has been killed off in the Spawn/Image-verse. Will they just drop her in as a new character? Or give her some sort of "trans-dimensional" origin? And what happens when Gaiman leaves Marvel? I'm sure he'll take Angela with him. It would be kind of cool to see this character sort of transend the boundaries of all of the different comic worlds.