View Single Post
Old March 23 2013, 07:31 PM   #22
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: How Do You Define Success In Life?

Warp Coil wrote: View Post
I think I would define success as living a happy and meaningful life. It's really easy to get wrapped up in matters that are ultimately trivial - money, status, material objects, hollow relationships, etc. A lot of time can be wasted doing things that ultimately don't make us happy, but we think it will/should. I've recently realized that I want to do something that matters and I want to have relationships that are important, carry value and are meaningful. Finding love and embracing it.
In my opinion, money's only trivial to people who have enough of it that they don't worry from day to day where it's going to come from. It also depends on the situation. For example, being sad, stressed out, and depressed because you can't buy a brand new stereo (even if your old one works perfectly fine) would be trivial. Being depressed, stressed out, and sad because you can't afford your insulin, even though you have a full time job, that's not so trivial. Money isn't happiness, but it can help you buy things that remove roadblocks to happiness. Knowing your family will eat, have a place to sleep, clothes to wear, and medicine for their ailments goes a long way to securing some peace of mind.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote