View Single Post
Old March 23 2013, 02:03 PM   #283
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: New trekID international trailer wed

DalekJim wrote: View Post

DS9 was all about the alien. The clue is in the title. "Deep Space". It is much more like Trek than an Earth centric action film.
1) Deep Space Nine was about humans with funny plastic appendages glued to their face. Every motivation of every "alien" was human in nature.

2) We honestly don't know just how deep or "Trek-like" a film Star Trek Into Darkness is going to be since most of us have seen about twelve minutes total. Unlike some, I prefer to wait until I've seen the actual product before I pass judgement on it.

3) Don't try to gauge what someone likes or dislikes.

DalekJim wrote:
...the Jerry Bruckheimer/Michael Bay military shoot 'em up style you prefer.
Since I count Star Trek: The Motion Picture as my favorite Trek outing and 2010: The Year We Make Contact as my favorite film, I'd say your powers of observation are seriously lacking. And just because I count those two as favorites, doesn't mean I don't see the value in Star Trek being an inclusive franchise that is capable of telling many different types of stories (TOS did it in spades), including big-budget summer blockbusters.