View Single Post
Old March 23 2013, 01:59 PM   #896
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

Ah, Continuum. When I first saw it I was really harsh on it, and indeed my review in the thread we had on this very forum was quite scathing. On subsequent re-watchings I've lightened up and have even been able to enjoy it a bit.

Still, it is essentially a story that has been done before. Indeed, in many ways it's a retelling of Moebius. Plus, I don't think it's a good idea to spend an entire movie on an alternate timeline story that gets reset at the end. Especially looking back at it since now we know it is the last time we'll see SG-1.

Also, I thought Baal's plan to manipulate Earth's governments into being loyal to the Goa'uld was a lot more interesting than blasting the shit out of the planet that Vala and Cronus ended up doing.

The basic sotryline basically seems to be what the producers had wanted to do if they ever did an SG-1 theatrical movie, that is a Goa'uld on Earth where they take out a few major cities.

And finally, on a sad note, this is the last time Don S Davis appears on Stargate, having died a few weeks prior to Continuum's release.

teacake wrote: View Post
I have to ask though, how come Baal once the symbiote was extracted didn't shrivel up from his hosts advanced age?
I assume that when the Tok'ra remove a symbiote they have a way on counteracting that. But some theorize that this wasn't the original Baal, rather a clone and therefore the host body wouldn't really have been all that old.