View Single Post
Old March 23 2013, 08:08 AM   #11
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile
Re: Best and worst super team headquarters

Donald Draper wrote: View Post
Random thought, With current communication technology would superhero team headquarters even be necessary?

Plus with characters like Superman, The Flash, and Green Lantern, etc, being able to meet up with someone any place in the world quickly, what is the point?

Its just makes them a public target for super-villains. Now the lower power level teams like the Titans I could see but not the JLA. So in that way The Hall of Justice works as their only "headquarters". Its a public embassy more than anything.
Communications would not diminish the need for a HQ. The other reason for having a meeting place is to promote the idea of "the team" as a single unit. That means all the members need t spend time together, train together, and share common tasks. This gives each member of the group an idea of what the other members are capable of doing out in the field. Groups inherently work better when they spend time together.

Headquarters also serves as a means of equalizing the resources of the team. Historically, through the headquarters, the rich members end up subsidizing the activities of the other members. Less affluent members or members not from Earth will frequently live in the HQ full time
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day

Last edited by Gotham Central; March 23 2013 at 08:24 AM.
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote