View Single Post
Old March 23 2013, 06:28 AM   #55
J. Allen
Dancing on Rainbows

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: NBC: Jimmy Fallon to replace Jay Leno in 2014

Triskelion wrote: View Post
As a humble unwashed viewer, in my opinion Drew Carey could do Johnny's show justice. He's really affable and that seems to be what that audience responds to, not the "inside" humor Dave helped usher in.

Not talking about edginess but sheer likability, and Drew's got that over all those wiseguys.

Myers is the best male SNL Weekend Update anchor since McDonald & Miller. Be interesting to see what he could do in another venue.

I know, I know, now it's all about The Whole Package™.
Eh, Drew's at home on The Price Is Right, and I don't see him going anywhere. It's a sweet gig. Plus, as much as I like Drew, his comedy isn't really that great. He can be funny sometimes, but to me it's much more hit and miss. He's not a great stand-up or improv guy, and that's what you need to hold the reins of the Tonight Show.
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." - Mark Twain
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote