View Single Post
Old March 22 2013, 10:23 PM   #39
Amasov
Rear Admiral

Re: How much time passes between TMP and TWoK?

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
I just watched these two films back to back again to make sure. It's about 5-10 minutes. Switching DVDs and a bathroom break.
^ This

Shorter if you have digital copies.

But TMP says no such thing. It only says Kirk has been desk-bound for 2.5 years, and the only reference to the 5YM is that Kirk considers it a unique qualification of his for confronting the threat of the week. So it would seem that most Starfleet skippers never do 5YMs, which means they do something else, which means Kirk may well have been doing something else for X years between 2270 and TMP.
But when Kirk says he's been desk-bound for two and a half years, does that actually mean that's when the original five year mission ended?

sonak wrote: View Post
I would actually think it would be one of the most commonly explored periods in Trek, considering that it's mysterious, and there seems to have been at least another five-year mission in that time period somewhere.
It's almost as if the Phase II series DID happen in that time, if you count TMP serving as the pilot as originally-intended. Then TWOK serves as the first film in the series.

doubleohfive wrote: View Post

I've seen prints where it's just "STAR TREK: THE WRATH OF KHAN." Too, there's promotional artwork and images that did not have the "II" yet.
Wow. I have NEVER seen that before. Are there any pictures online?

Last edited by Amasov; March 22 2013 at 10:42 PM.
Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote