View Single Post
Old March 22 2013, 08:02 PM   #248
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME

View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy
Re: New trekID international trailer wed

Shilliam Watner wrote: View Post
serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
I hate to admit this but I am starting to see the sexism a lot of people on trekmovie.com have been complaining about.

Alice Eve in her bra and panties was the worst part of the trailer. Its like it was just put there of the sake of making guys horny and for the sake of having a woman get nearly naked.

And what’s with the pose?

For a split second I thought I was watching a model about to step on the fashion
Catwalk (modelling lingerie) instead of a science fiction trailer.

In 2009, I brushed off the people who called Uhura a sexist character after she stripped down to her bra and panties but now that I see another woman doing the same thing, I am beginning to see a pattern here.

Nu Trek does objectify women.
Yea I noticed that too. I posted several comments over there about other parts of the trailer but they are dead set on discussing how immoral for J.J. to have added that shot of Eve in the trailer exploiting her. Good grief. The discussion of there is doomed for now. For the pose she is doing. I think Kirk walks in on her in the shuttle while she is changing and she basically looks at him and says something like "what? you've never seen a woman in bra and panties before?". That's the way I perceive it for now.

Remember when everyone said the same thing 4 years ago about Uhura stripping down and then no one gave a crap because everyone loved the movie anyway.

I do. I didn't. I did.