View Single Post
Old March 22 2013, 02:18 PM   #116
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: College: Gender Studies (Feminism Discussion)

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
I see many comments saying things along the lines of "I always thought of you as one of the most insightful, intelligent, well-meaning posters..." I appreciate that. Have you considered, though, that I'm still that same supposedly insightful, intelligent and well-meaning person (as opposed to, say, a raging misogynist) and that your difficulties reconciling your earlier idea of me with my supposed bigotry and logical errors is that I'm not bigoted and did not make logical errors? That the problem is your own perception of these issues - the very misconceptions I was trying to warn against and challenge when I posted the original links to someone about to potentially dive into the lies.
Step outside your mind for a moment and consider your responses in this thread. Your links and evidence are to blogs and websites of dubious origin that are clearly pushing an anti-feminist agenda. You write off academia and research-based studies as being hopelessly undermined by feminist dogma that permeates those fields. To be blunt, your responses are not of the sort expected from a rational, neutral observer, your responses are indicative of conspiracy theorist behaviour. Your responses are similar to those of global warming deniers, 9/11 truthers, and young Earth creationists. However you may come across when discussing other subjects, on this particular subject you are completely unpersuasive.

"No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away." - The immortal Terry Pratchett