View Single Post
Old March 22 2013, 06:00 AM   #113
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Re: College: Gender Studies (Feminism Discussion)

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
The videos of GirlWritesWhat are a far better introduction and explanation than any I can attempt here.
Sorry, but we're not interested in YouTube videos or blog links. You've had several people reach out to you in good faith for an actual conversation and try and get what this all means to you - not to some random blogger - because you've been a generally-liked part of the community. And you're swatting them away, some of the kindest of us, from a misguided attempt to... what, be strong and tough? Be "a real man" - which you've claimed not to buy into?

And sorry, but it's like sidious said - you're getting cut a lot of slack because people have tended to like your posting, but the stuff you're saying (or rather not saying; the blather you're linking to) is just too much. Holocaust deniers, flat-earthers, alien abductees, all would get a similar reaction because it's just too much. So we can't just say "Oh this all fits together in one pretty little picture and we're the ones who have a problem." Plus of course you're not actually trying to discuss. Is the stuff teacake linked to still pretty much how you feel, albeit several years old?

teacake wrote: View Post
I'm posting this because.. I've realized that my assumption that this was all tied into DN having a particularly bad time and snapping is wrong. Apparently he's always been like this.
Yeah, this is some pretty deep-seated and, hmm... confused stuff. And sad.