View Single Post
Old March 22 2013, 02:31 AM   #33
Christopher
Writer

Re: New poster seems proof UHURA has replaced DR. MCCOY in the big thr

RAMA wrote: View Post
I'd be happy to add up the grosses of Saldana's movies to Urbans because I count $2 billion alone for LOTR movies for Urban.
But Urban was a minor character in LOTR. I, for one, didn't even remember he'd been in that until I looked him up.

Spocks story in the first movie was relatively equal, but the second movie makes Spock secondary with development.
Oh, good grief -- you haven't even seen the damn movie yet! So obviously you can't actually know that. This conversation is a complete waste of time.

MarsWeeps wrote: View Post
Hidden behind CGI. They could've stuck any actress there and I doubt it would have made any difference.
You've completely missed the entire point of performance capture. What was so revolutionary about the technology of Avatar was that it directly translated the actors' physical performances to the CG characters. It may not have been her face (though it was obviously modeled on it), but it was her voice, her expressions, her body language.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote