View Single Post
Old March 21 2013, 11:18 PM   #6343
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Ugh, I can't believe they had Platinum in the latest JL issue. I was hoping they'd forget the Metal Men entirely, or atleast maybe bring them back in a good way, maybe in a backup story that isn't grim or depressing. Their back up story from Doom Patrol a few years ago (written by the awesome team of Keith Giffen and JM dematteis) was great. Having a humorous, positive story in the New 52 would have been nice. Unfortunately, DC hates stuff like that now, which is why I was hoping dC would forget they exist. To be fair, Platinum seemed to be leading to something interesting, but I saw what they showed of Magnus. He's propably some young tech nerd now, and the Metal Men will probably just end up being military weapons that appear sometimes in the background.

Also, a bit off topic, but was I the only one who liked the Metal Men series where they were retconned into having been real people that Magnus had worked with, who he'd put into the bodies to save them? I thoiught that was interesting, and I was really annoyed when DC retconned that later to have all been in Magnus's head.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote