Thread: Stunned!
View Single Post
Old March 21 2013, 07:58 PM   #7
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: Stunned!

dub wrote: View Post
I'm stunned, I tell ya! People say that DS9 is too dark. But...wow. I'm reaching the end of S3 of ENT and I'd say this is pretty darn dark! Archer was this happy, optimistic captain -- and now, he's this bruised, jaded pirate whose single goal is to prevent the destruction of earth at literally any cost. Enterprise (the ship) was this beautiful symbol of hope and exploration...now it's a total mess and barely flyable. Trip was the class clown, now he's an emotional wreck. T'Pol was a Vulcan who occasionally struggled with logic, now she's a drug & emotion addict with rare hints of sanity. I'm reserving my judgment until I see where they ultimately go with all of this -- but I just couldn't resist commenting at this point. Crazy stuff!
Pretty much on the money as a thumbnail description of where the characters went in season 3. Sounds like you're at the end of Damage, whihc is my favorite Ent episode of the series.

I thought the ending of the Xindi arc was great -- however, you will have to judge the ending of the actual season.

The thing about season 3 was that it had more of the best Ent episodes of the series although it still had more clunkers than season 4, which only had a couple.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote