This is lifted from the website:
PLAY AS A ROMULAN
Play as a Romulan or Reman and immerse yourself in new story-driven missions written exclusively from the Romulan Republic's point of view.
Romulan captains take command of mighty Warbird Class starships. Push the engines to the limit and unleash the new and devastating powers of the Singularity Core
START AS ANY FACTION
Create your first character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level your captain from 1 to 50.
RETURN OF EMPRESS SELA
Denise Crosby returns to reprise her role as Empress Sela. Play a game of political cat-and-mouse as you delve deeper into the intrigue surrounding the destruction of Romulus.
THE SILENT ENEMY
Uncover the horrifying truth behind a mysterious new enemy that seeks to terrorize the Beta Quadrant and exterminate your people.
Join the fight against the Tholians in this new Reputation and unlock exclusive rewards and benefits for maximum level captains.
NEW IMPROVED TRAITS
Customize and rearrange your existing traits. Unlock new advanced traits and abilities, further specializing your captain and crew.
Choose the HUD color palate that works for you. Experience new and improve UI screens with easier to read options and enhanced interactions.
I think Cryptic made a smart move here. This expansion will bring in new players and make old players return. Here is my guess as to what this new "expansion" will actually contain.
- Starting area for romulan players, much like Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy. If Cryptic is cheap, they might just adapt the current New Romulus map with Academy services.
New Romulus City
- Social area for romulan players, much like ESD and Qo'noS. Cryptic will make this from scratch.
- This is probably going to be the trickiest bit of the expansion for Cryptic to implement. If it is a full Romulan Faction, Cryptic will need to prepare at least 45 ship-variants (3 free ship classes for every 10 levels, 3 variants for each ship). There are already a handful of Romulan ships so they can adapt those. They will probably add the current Hirogen ships to further cut down the number of ships they have to model from scratch. If Cryptic is smart, they will create new Reman ship classes inspired by the Scimitar from ST:Nemesis (please let it be transformable) and perhaps even Nero's mining ship Narada from the Star Trek relaunch movie.
- My guess is they'll add between 10 to 25 new missions, most of them will be shared between the new Romulan players and to pad the KDF missions.
- I won't call it a UI Revamp because they're clearly retaining most of the current UI, just adding tweaks here and there. The only UI that will see major change is the new character creation UI and possibly the tailor UI.
- This is the easiest and simplest for Cryptic to implement. I'm sure they'll leave this to the last minute and the rewards will be half-implemented and half-tested at launch, just like the Romulan Reputation rewards.
- I expect no improvements here. I raised a bug last month where one of their dialog editors had a limit of 100 characters instead of 1000 characters. It clearly just requires someone to go in and add a 0 somewhere and yet one month later, Cryptic's reply (yesterday) is "We have just confirmed the bug, it's been put on the to fix list". My guess is they've frozen the Foundry code till NWN has launched, so at best all we can expect is the addition of new Romulan/Reman assets to the foundry.