View Single Post
Old March 21 2013, 01:14 PM   #46
Ovation
Vice Admiral

Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: New trekID international trailer wed

billcosby wrote: View Post
The way it was edited it looks like Cucumberpatch is the one in the shuttle blasting the Starfleet Command HQ meeting room, but it looks to be the Klingon 'Bird of Prey' mini-shuttles as seen in the Kre-O sets?

Kirk is going to spend barely any time in command on the bridge of his ship in this one, is he? Seems like the story has him going rouge very early in.
The lettering on the window of that shuttle is from the Roman alphabet and the numerals look pretty earth-like to me. Not a Klingon shuttle.
serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
I hate to admit this but I am starting to see the sexism a lot of people on trekmovie.com have been complaining about.

Alice Eve in her bra and panties was the worst part of the trailer. Its like it was just put there for the sake of making guys horny and for the sake of having a woman get nearly naked.

And what’s with the pose?

For a split second I thought I was watching a model about to step on the fashion
Catwalk (modelling lingerie) instead of a science fiction trailer.

In 2009, I brushed off the people who called Uhura a sexist character after she stripped down to her bra and panties but now that I see another woman doing the same thing, I am beginning to see a pattern here.

Nu Trek does objectify women.
A major blockbuster motion picture is using sex to sell itself? Say it ain't so.
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote