View Single Post
Old March 21 2013, 11:31 AM   #74
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Re: Commodore Wesley confuses me

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
Kirk was so disliked by his peers that Wesley was more willing to believe Kirk had finally went off the deep end than that the M-5 was malfunctioning.
Sadara wrote: View Post
I guess I overlooked it, but I didn't really sense that Kirk's peers disliked him that much.
Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
But Wesley's "Jim, what are you doing?" is indeed rather odd, since Kirk says at the end of the episode that he knew Robert Wesley.

So it's safe to assume that this is mutual and Bob Wesley should know that Kirk ...
Just because Kirk knows Wesley, it doesn't automatically follow that Wesley knows Kirk. Wesley could have dozens, perhaps hundreds, of starship commanders under his authority.

And there no real indication that Kirk is particularly well thought of inside of Starfleet. In Court Martial his fellow Captain seemed all too ready to reach the conclusion to he deliberately killed Finney, another Captain might have received more support. And he was chosen to have the M5 mounted in his ship, as opposed to being a part of the task force during the war games.

Kirk's also the Captain who runs alien princess to their weddings, does cargo runs, get to visit a two member archeological team for their medical exams.

Yet, he's obviously the favorite.

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote