View Single Post
Old March 20 2013, 09:35 PM   #817
golddragon71
Lieutenant

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Well, I've been posting for about a week now so I guess it's time I introduced myself.
My Name's Michael. I'm 41 and I've been a Trekkie/Trekker (either term is acceptable to me) since about 1986/87. I had some knowledge of Star Trek before that (had seen TMP and TSFS in theaters TWOK only on Home-video/HBO) But I really got into it when Voyage home was coming out and a PBS type channel had started airing Trek on Saturday Nights (3 eps uncut and commercial Free 11:30-2:30ish) I was a member of the official fan club for about three or four Years)

My primary watching interests is The Original series, The Animated series Original Cast Movies and the Next Generation

I also am a fan of the surrounding literature and comics

My favorite books (many of which I still view maintain under the heading "Personal Canon"
include
Spock's World by Diane Duane (particularly for it's Vulcan history)
Strangers from the Sky by Margaret Wander Bonano
Yesterday's Son
Time for Yesterday both by A.C. Crispin
Vulcan's Glory by D.C. Fontana
Enterprise the First Adventure by Vonda N. McIntyre
The Kobayashi Maru by Julia Ecklar
The Khan trilogy by Greg Cox
as well as a few others here and there.

I also Recognize both of D.C. Comics' Runs set during the Movie Era (between Wrath of Khan and beyond The Undiscovered Country (although I favor the previously mentioned Enterprise over the 1st DC Annual which is an alternate story of the First Mission)