View Single Post
Old March 20 2013, 03:11 PM   #117
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Trek Trailer with OZ

James T. Vader wrote: View Post
Kpnuts wrote: View Post
I thought the 3D looked awful in the announcement trailer I saw with OZ, very concerned about the film now.
JJ didn't want to 3d. JJ doesn't like 3d

NOBODY likes 3d

But the theaters get to charge 3 bucks more a ticket which makes studio execs LOVE 3d.

Face it, if the zombie sheep like masses would just go to the 2d screening 3d would go away.

I use to say 3d was just a fad, but we're 5 years into this mess of post conversion crap.

In fact 3D is more popular than ever, generally looks better than ever and is proliferating in theaters. It's taking longer to reach home screens, but I'm in the process of possibly getting a 60" 3D tv at the moment.

JJ likes 3D: "I approached it very cynically. And the fact is that we've been using techniques that haven't been used before in 3D. They've figured out things. They've made enough movies now with this new process that they can understand ways to eliminate some of these problems.

"Things like breaking shots into zones, 3D zones, using multiple virtual cameras. A lot of this has made me a believer, whereas before I was really against it… There's this myth that if you don't shoot the movie in 3D it doesn't look good. Actually, the opposite can be true."

RAMA

Last edited by RAMA; March 20 2013 at 05:47 PM.
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote