View Single Post
Old March 20 2013, 04:07 AM   #66
Anji
Rear Admiral

View Anji's Twitter Profile
Re: Did You Love Other Vintage Sci-Fi Shows?

So many good shows...

Lost In Space - A guilty pleasure. Not good sci-fi at all, but a lot of fun. Dr. Smith and The Robot? Can it get any better than that.

Space:1999 - I was struck by the overall design of the series. Clean, yet colorful. Maya was cool. So was Tony. Season 1 was good and I struggled with the series until the end.

Battlestar Galactica (1978 series) - Still my all time favorite. What a great group of people to be marooned with. Nothing but fun from beginning to end. Lorne Greene will always be Adama and Starbuck will ALWAYS BE Dirk Benedict!!!! The series inspired me to become a designer.

Doctor Who (Jon Pertwee) - The guy was a force of nature. He was a true hero who always knew what to do and it was always the right thing. His messages on the environment and how people need to be more considerate of each other opened my mind. And never forget Roger Delgado who took the meaning of the word "Villain" into a whole nother realm.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea - While I watched it as a kid, I am only now beginning to appreciate it. One of the best, most intelligent science fiction shows ever made. Especially Season 1.