View Single Post
Old March 18 2013, 02:14 PM   #856
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
I was curious to see what affect Richard Dean Anderson's departure had on the series, so I checked out the opening credits for Season 9 and noticed that they went with a more ensemble-type format (ala SGA), and was wondering if this change was reflected in the style and tone of the show's actual content. Can anybody answer that question for me?
Honestly, O'Neill's role became much smaller by seasons 7 and 8 that there isn't really that much of a difference in the show. The only real noticeable difference is that there's less sarcasm and humour. It's still there, just not as often.

But I don't get what you mean about the credits having a more ensemble-type of format. Is this because Ben Browder doesn't have a special credit before the title pops up? That's meaningless, something RDA wanted for himself which obviously Browder didn't care about. If Browder had wanted that, it would have been a simple matter of requesting it and it would have been done.