View Single Post
Old March 17 2013, 06:34 PM   #10
Unwrapped
Continuity Spackle

Send a message via ICQ to Unwrapped
Re: The AGT Dreadnought Enterprise

SchwEnt wrote: View Post
I also vote "fanwanky kewl upgrade". Interesting idea, but I don't like it. It ruins the original Galaxy design.

Worst of all, it's impractical as hell.
The third nacelle location plays havoc with the whole ship. It blocks access to all the shuttlebays.

Also, the spine along the top of the stardrive section is umbilical access and support systems. That's all gone now with the nacelle sticking there. Where did all those systems go?

The BFG under the saucer evidently necessitated the removal of the captain's yacht and others things on the underside. And can the saucer still separate? Does the BFG remain and stick out? Does it separate with the saucer section?
According to one fan work I know of, which fleshes out some of the starship designs, the smaller shuttlebays were removed to accommodate the third nacelle and the main shuttlebay's capacity was expanded by 75% to make up the difference. The big phaser cannon was mounted because the designers wanted heavier punch, but adding lots of torpedo launchers on the Galaxy frame wasn't ideal. The saucer can still separate.

"If you think you're brave enough to walk the path of honor, then follow me into the dragon's den."

Knight Exemplar
Unwrapped is offline   Reply With Quote