View Single Post
Old March 17 2013, 05:29 PM   #305
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: Levar Burton aka Geordi La Forge criticizes Star Trek 2009

Franklin wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Captain McBain wrote: View Post
Personally, I wouldn't be happy if I truly believed Abrams' movie literally caused Star Trek's 'classic' timeline to vanish. Yes, as some of you have pointed out, it is fiction, but still, it would annoy me. However, I'm pretty sure that the timeline is simply an alternate reality, such as the various alternate realities/universes seen in the TNG episode, "Parallels."
I think we'd all be pissed, those DVD sets were expensive and there's 28 Season Box Sets + The animated Box Set, and 10 Movies, that's a hell of a lot of money to have simply Vanish off your shelf, even at only $50 a Season, that's still over $1500 when you add in the Movies
Easily more than $1500 for those of us who bought VHS first, then switched over to DVD's. And all the rentals! (Although I guess in a way, the VHS's have vanished.)
Oh certainly, the VHSes were $20 for 2 episodes. I wasn't talking total investment though, just speaking about a full set of all episodes on DVD that many of us currently have in our collection, without consideration for Double dips (Though I suppose some people do still have their older copies of VHS alongside their DVDs and possibly the DVDs of TNG even though they double dipped with the BluRays)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote