View Single Post
Old March 17 2013, 02:30 AM   #68
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Re: 20 YEARS AGO TODAY: "But I'm Not Even Supposed to BE Here Today!"

Me and my brother watched Dogma today. He's been rewatching all of Kevin Smith's movies for the first time in years and I just so happen to have Dogma on Blu-ray so I watched it with him. I'm not a religious person in the slightest, but I still love this movie. Kevin made religion interesting. Not enough to change my mind, but still very interesting.

This movie was so ambitious. It felt epic, even though there was a poop monster in it. This was really the first time that Kevin had to step up his directing abilities. The previous three were very simple movies that focused a lot on people talking. But Dogma was an adventure that required a little more creativity with the camera than before and I think he did a great job. He always said that he passed on Green Hornet because he didn't consider himself to be an action director, but I think he could've pulled it off.

It was jarring to see Alan Rickman share scenes with Jay and Silent Bob. But this movie proves that he can be funny if he wants to. This and Galaxy Quest.

I'm assuming most of you know that Kevin protested at the theatre that was playing Dogma in New Jersey and he ended up on the news. Well, here it is:

http://youtu.be/wvuJuiTE9do
Toxteth O´Grady is offline   Reply With Quote