View Single Post
Old March 16 2013, 08:51 PM   #1585
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

I think Glenn has a little more armor than Maggie because he is so likable and, to a lesser extent, he is one of their very few 'minority' characters (and one of the few east-Asians on TV in general).

If they're smart, and I'm not convinced they are, they have an opportunity here to build them into a healthy and mature relationship that can become the heart of the group. Then, after another season or two of their fight to maintain their love and happiness through the darkness, this lone bright spot can be snuffed out for the most emotional impact.

Alternatively: Kill Maggie at the hands of Merle or someone else from within their group. Glenn turns dark in a very introverted and bitter way rather than the crazy rage that Rick went to. Glenn starts to blame Rick for allowing it to happen. Glenn decides Rick is too dangerous to keep around. Cue subplot of season V.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote