View Single Post
Old March 16 2013, 01:13 AM   #94
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

Re: Taylor Swift, Why The Hate?

^^^This was written in collaboration with T-Bone and The Civil Wars. It's not Taylor's. It sounds like a Civil Wars song. Example:

Country music doesn't have to be a downer. If that's your taste, fine. Happy doesn't equate "without merit." Not everything I posted was traditional, but I did post some traditional stuff. I also posted some rock, some bluegrass. I also don't understand--Gunpowder and Lead? Two Black Cadillacs? Who said there's no death?

I would argue with "The Band Perry" being pop. This song, the arrangement and instrument choices on "All Your Life," etc. Popular does not equal without merit, either. Something doesn't have to be obscure to be considered country. And the reason that I posted it was really about the lyrics and the fact there's a different character in the song. It's told from the position of being young without having to sound like every other pop song.

Last edited by HaventGotALife; March 16 2013 at 01:25 AM.
HaventGotALife is offline   Reply With Quote